Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DAY 90: COOKIE CONTEST

     Yesterday, I entered a cookie contest--to be a guest judge of the contest.  Here's my contest essay:

I’d love to be a judge for this year’s The Dallas Morning News-Central Market Holiday Cookie Contest.  The top 3 reasons you should select me to help judge the cookies are:
1.    I’m a real live cookie monster, but prefer the moniker “cookie connoisseur.”  Additionally, I’m flesh and bone, not blue fur.  Since I know all of the local cookie shops, I’d like to experience tasting cookies baked by Dallasites and see how well they fare compared to the store-bought treats I usually eat.
2.    When people think of holiday cookies, most people think about Christmas.  But I’m Jewish.  Sometimes I feel left out of typical holiday traditions and getting to be a judge for the cookie contest would allow me to be a part of something in a different, fun and delicious way.
3.    I'm currently on Day 15 of a 21 Day food challenge in which I can eat no sugar.  I’m craving cookies like nobody’s business.  My palate has been cleansed and I’m ready to judge!
I look forward to hearing from you and joining the contest as a guest judge.  It would be an honor to be a part of the contest.
I wonder if I'll win...

No comments:

Post a Comment