Sunday, October 2, 2011

DAY 67: FIRST GRADE FRIEND

     When Mom dropped me off for my first day of first grade in Mrs. Johnson's class at Hubert Humphrey Elementary I couldn't stop crying. I cried and cried, until another girl in my class came up to me.  Her name was Celeste.  She said "I'll be your friend."  And that was that.  That was all it took.  I stopped crying, started to put away my school supplies in my desk and knew I had a new friend.  First grade was going to be ok.  
     I saw Celeste yesterday while I was home.  It was so great to see her.  And all these years later we're still friends.  Even though we hadn't seen each other in 6 years, we started from where we left off and it was the same as always.  That's how it is with first grade friends, they're yours for forever...well at least that's how it is with mine.
 

1 comment:

  1. So grateful to have made a friend that was everlasting... thank you for taking the time to play with me yesterday. Regardless of the miles, the idiotic boyfriends or the years, first grade friends are forever!
    I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving and a girls night, too.

    ReplyDelete