Thursday, October 13, 2011

DAY 78: THIS SOUNDS TERRIBLE, BUT...

     I know this sounds terrible, but I'm going to say it anyway.  I attended a women's networking event tonight and one of the women started talking about how her elderly mother just had surgery.  Then another woman talked about her grandma being sick and then another talked about the decision to put her mother in an assisted living facility or to try and get her to move to Dallas to be closer to family.  
     I smiled, nodded and provided sympathetic comments.  But in the back of my mind I felt relieved.  Since both of my parents died young, I'll never have to see them age.  I'll never have to make hard decisions about assisted living or worry about broken hips.  And while I wish each and every day to have my parents back with me, in a twisted way I'm grateful I won't have to go through what the women I met tonight are going through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment