Friday, March 16, 2012

DAY 233: I'M ON FIRE

     I'm on the Auction Committee for the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Luncheon.  The lunch raises money for heart disease--the number one killer of women.  Mostly women attend the lunch and most everyone wears red, specifically red dresses.
     I suggested we get a local designer to design a red dress for the auction.  My friend did a fashion show with a local Dallas designer and BINGO, she gave me her contact information and the designer's donating something to the auction.  And then, last night I attended a University of Michigan alumni happy hour.  One of the other alums is the CEO of a fancy hotel chain.  I emailed him today and he agreed to make a donation as well.  Those are two big ticket items for the auction.  I'd like to pat myself on the back--people will be willing to bid high dollars on these items!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment