Sunday, January 29, 2012

DAY 186: SARAH'S KEY

     I just finished watching the most beautiful movie--Sarah's Key.  Coincidentally, earlier today, my friend told me she just bought the book with the same name.  I'd met my friend out for some drinks with her neighbors.  She knows a bunch of hers, I know none of mine.  What's interesting is in the movie Sarah's Key, the Jewish family, Sarah's family, lives in a building with three other families, probably thinking they knew their neighbors.  But when the French police came to round up all the Jews to take them to camps and eventually to Auschwitz, Sarah's non-Jewish, bottom floor neighbor tried to tell the police where Sarah's brother might have been hiding.  Morale of the story: people aren't always what they seem and you probably don't really know your neighbors that well, even if you think you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment