Thursday, February 23, 2012

DAY 211: AND THE ELBOW SAGA CONTINUES

     The cortisone has started to wear off and my elbow is hurting me again.  So I started physical therapy today.  The therapist instructed me not to “work  through” any pain and to stop doing activities that will aggravate and inflame my elbow.  Well, that’s most things…
     So goodbye: pushups in yoga class; the Tabata class I was going to go to tomorrow morning; basically any lifting of weights; tennis (still haven’t picked up a racquet since December), brushing my hair (good thing I don’t brush it a lot—it’s too curly for that, gotta use a wide-toothed comb or there’s major, more than normal, frizz); I could go on and on and on.
     And hello: thera-bands; ice massages (an oxymoron if you ask me); stretches; more stretches; ultrasound (sound waves going through the tendon covering my elbow); weekly physical therapy; I’m sure there’s many more things I should be listing here, but I’ve conveniently forgotten them.
     Good thing its 80 degrees in Dallas and there are lots of patios that serve drinks; because that’s where I’m headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment