Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DAY 202: HAPPY HAIR MASCARA AND GODIVA CHOCOLATE DAY!

     My dad used to send us Valentines every year.  I wrote about his gifts by entering a Daily Candy Deals Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes.  My entry (100 words or less) reads as follows:
     Each year Dad sent me and my sister Valentine’s Day gifts.  The most memorable valentines were the tubes of Lancôme hair mascara.  How’d we get a Dad who was so in the know about cool cosmetics?  The most cherished valentines Dad ever sent were the Michele watches with red patent leather bands.  I still wear mine with the original band.  Dad passed away almost four years ago.  And while my sister and I can’t look forward to Dad’s witty Valentine’s Day cards and fun gifts anymore, we’ve kept up the tradition and send them to each other.
     I find out if I win $500 in Daily Deals later this week…
     Oh and this year, my sister sent me enrobed petit fours from Harry & David; and I sent her flowers--an orchid.

No comments:

Post a Comment