Saturday, February 18, 2012

DAY 206: TEA TIME

     It's 3pm on a Saturday and it's raining outside.  I'm curled up on my couch with a cup of tea and a magazine--as soon as I ditch this laptop.  It's a little early for tea.  My grandmother has her chai at 4pm and the señora I lived with in Spain had her tea around 4 as well, or whenever I got home from class.
     Tonight I'm going to Lucia, one of the most difficult restaurants in Dallas to get a reservation--I made this reservation in January and they only take reservations on the first day of the month, so you call and call, get a busy signal, call and call some more.  Eventually, if you haven't given up, you get an answering machine and you leave a long message listing any conceivable date and time you'd want to eat there.  Then someone calls you back and curtly tells you when your reservation will be.
     After we eat at Lucia, we're going to see John Leguizamo's show Ghetto Klown.  Should be a fun night.  Oh and earlier today I went to a baby shower and I didn't get too bored--it's the single girl's dilemma.  I didn't gag at any of the baby gifts or games, which I'd say made for a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment