Thursday, December 22, 2011

DAY 148: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

     I will always be so proud to be a member of the 2008-2009 ALC (Associate Leadership Council) of TREC (The Real Estate Council).  Attending our holiday happy hour tonight made me remember the dear friends I made that year.  I met 24 incredibly wonderful and special people that year and know I will have those people in my life as friends forever.
     It's not every party you go to and hug EVERY SINGLE person at the table.  But with the 2008-2009 ALC class you do.  You always do.  You can't fake the bonds we made.  They are true ladies and gentlemen.  Not only has a man in that group never allowed me to pay for even a single drink but I've always been walked to my car by one of them, no matter what, no matter where and no questions asked.  And the women are awesome--loyal, lovely and there for you whenever you need them.
     It's funny how you forget how close you are to people when you don't see them every week.  I used to see the ALC class every Saturday while we tore down and built a house (we had help during the weekdays with true construction professionals) for a mother of 5.  But the minute I saw all (most of them--not everyone could make it) of them tonight we just started where we left off--just like family.  It was like coming home.  Plus, it didn't hurt that we were at the same bar we used to come to after our 8 hour house building days.
     Thank you to the 2008-2009 ALC class for being so wonderful to each other and staying so amazing even after our official, designated time together ended.  I'm so lucky to know each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment