Monday, November 21, 2011

DAY 117: PUSHING PEOPLE'S BUTTONS

     The worst thing you can do is not respond when someone reaches out to you.  An ex-boyfriend of mine texted me this weekend--of course he wouldn't call, that's how it is these days.  I ignored it and I don't ever plan to respond.  Keep in mind this is the same person who has called me and hung up--he didn't leave a voicemail and we all know that's the equivalent of hanging up on someone.  This is also the same person who felt that not talking to me for a week didn't mean we'd broken up--he thought we were still together (I'm certain if some guy can't or won't talk to you, he's got no business being a relationship with you).
     I've sent cards, letters and emails to people and received no response.  It hurt my feelings.  While I'm not proud to be doing the exact same thing, I see no reason to open the door to any further communication with this person.  Sometimes you just have to go with your gut.  My gut says he's not a good guy, so it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment