Friday, June 8, 2012

DAY 317: GO RED!

     Today was the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Luncheon.  Even though I wish I'd been able to secure more donations for the silent auction, it was a good experience to be on the Auction Committee.  It reminded me that if you ask, people usually donate. 
     The best part of the whole lunch was hearing Jackie Joyner-Kersee speak.  What an athlete.  The thing that really stood out for me in her speech was what poor shape her father and sisters are in.  They basically seem sedentary, which is incredible to me if their own daughter and sister was an Olympic athlete.  But people do things that surprise me everyday.  Why should this be any different? For some reason though it feels so blantantly ironic, not to mention sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment